Pages

Thursday 21 April 2022

Serves Me Right

Sharon - I know that 'what's for tea' sinking feeling. Except DH and bear have Views and I never know when it's all going to go wrong. You are carrying a massive load so it's no wonder that sometimes you find it tough. Sending hugs 

Bless - I warmed up nicely thank you and I'm especially proud of resisting temptation.

Eileen - I think some shops don't reduce much at all and sometimes you need to be lucky.

Cherie - May I suggest rum + Tia Maria + cola. It is wonderful and you don't feel a smidge of cold afterwards, if the measures are large enough. You are awesome, but, unlike you, I fail at seeds.

I took this picture while coughing.


It's one of the gooseberry bushes and it seems to be coming on nicely.

I sprayed the weeds with weedkiller but it left me coughing and spluttering all day. I feel that this serves me right. I don't like weedkiller, but faced with buttercups, dandelions and a bad back, I thought it was necessary. I am also feeling out of sorts as I have cellulitis again. I had a quick consult with the doctor this morning and this evening I nipped out to Tesco to pick up my prescription. 

While I was at Tesco, I picked up a chicken tikka pasty for bear as I know that he enjoys them, and some stock cubes. I didn't pick up any parsnips. If there had been a hint of room in my freezer I may have picked up a few packs as they were down from 42p (21p clubcard price) to 10p. They looked a bit battered.

I think that tonight definitely needs to be an early night, with an extra blanket or two.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm weighing up whether to become tea total.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you feel better soon. I've never has cellulitis but I hear that it can be very painful and I hope you aren't suffering too much xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better, soon, Lyssa. Glad you were able to pick up your prescription; hope it goes into effect, right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hopefully I'll read on and see that you are feeling better. I'm behind as usual. Seems to be my normal now!

    ReplyDelete