Pages

Tuesday 19 April 2022

What Just Happened?

Sharon - I'm looking forward to seeing pics of your garden. You have a wonderful way of looking at things.

Eileen - We had rain last night, but the forecast is clear for the next few days, so I'll be getting my exercise hauling a watering can up and down the kitchen steps. It's worth it.

Today has been, well, odd. I woke up reasonably early and got started on a piece for the blog thingy that the publishers of the Grumpy Old Gods Anthology would like. Then I realised that I didn't have salad to go with DH's pasta bake that was planned for tonight, so I popped out five minutes to the Co-op. Today I drove, but one day I will walk!

I completely forgot to pick up the bagged salad. On the other hand I picked up three packs of yellow sticker mushrooms (either in the dehydrator, the freezer or eaten with dinner), two perfectly good reduced swedes, some reduced coleslaw for bear (who loves the stuff), some reduced gluten free rolls and some fruit for DH. As I had a coupon for £4.50 if I spent £30, I picked up two bottles of rum as well, and saved the money. The rum will last a while (I hope) and was worth the saving.

When I got home, I gave bear some lunch, then finished the story. I then put together a little chatty piece for tomorrow. I also spent the afternoon prepping the mushrooms and I peeled, diced and blanched the other reduced stew pack and bunged it into the freezer for making soup next week. I even peeled the potatoes for dinner early. As I had forgotten the salad, we all had mince and mash with broccoli which bear almost inhaled. I need to feed him more. After dinner I started another piece that I'm hoping to have as a guest post on someone else's blog. 

Today has been strangely productive. I didn't plan to be productive and I just got on with stuff. Mind you, I haven't got any pics. But without feeling pressured or stressed or under a deadline, I think I've been the most productive I've been for years. I wish I knew how I got here, because I would love to get the same or more done tomorrow.

I'm sorry for all the writing stuff mixed in, but that has been the odd thing about the day - it's all been mixed together. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very productive day and you had some other vegetable on hand to have with dinner instead of salad. Hope you'll remember to pick up some salad on your next shopping trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a good day, and a productive one at that. I'm looking forward to resuming in-store shopping and picking up some yellow sticker bargains. Do you ever shop in Aldi or Lidl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does sound like you were productive! I am hoping for more days like that. I am productive when I'm at Jane's but on the days I'm not nothing gets done at my house lol

    ReplyDelete