Pages

Tuesday 27 July 2021

Head Hurts

Day two of the holidays and bear has brought down his washing. It's not an Everest size pile, but it's certainly up there with the sturdier foothills of the Himalayas. It's still smaller than my ironing pile.

I had a Tesco delivery. The poor lad couldn't find us. I was so proud, though, because the call came through to the landline, and bear took the call and gave lovely, clear, explicit directions. He sounded so mature. Mind you, he's fourteen now. Father left school at his age. I suppose he sounds mature compared to a lot of the kids I hear around.

My head hurts. I've finished a first pass of all the punctuation and grammar from the entire White Hart series. Now I've been struggling with Canva. I am not an artistic person. I do not understand graphics or design. This means that whenever I engage with Canva, I get soundly beaten. I possibly have a cover for the dratted thing. I'm not sure how it will work. I'll do another quick pass tonight before trying to fit things on. I have some serious concerns that the full set of stories will be too big for the ebook settings. I'll just have to try it.

That is, if I can work anything out. I feel like I'm trying to think through treacle! I have even been tempted by shoes that have flowers on them. I never do flowers! And I need to recover from the shame. It's less than half a dozen instances in over 200k words, but I've find confusions between 'to' and 'too' and 'your' and 'you're'. I'm mortified. 

Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment