Pages

Sunday 11 July 2021

Three Lions

According to bear, the three lions on the England shirt, from the English coat of arms, originally was two leopards back in the time of William the Conqueror. 







I haven't checked. Bear is usually pretty good on this sort of thing and the brief glimpse I took was leading me into strange places. Leopards to Lions (possibly via Richard I) and the inflation of 2 cats to three seems normal for the stuff that happens over a thousand years of disputed territory. The English coat of arms above is quartered with the French fleur de lis, as there were claims to the French throne at the time.

I'm waiting for the call to collect bear. He is out with some pals somewhere around ten miles away and I will be required to give lifts. I can't concentrate on anything anyway, before the game tonight. I'm a nervous wreck.

Tonight I will watch the Euros 2020 final, probably sober as I have to do the school run the next day, and I'm not sure that my nerves will be up to it. And I dread to think of the standard of driving on the roads tomorrow. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment