Pages

Friday 9 July 2021

I Have No Idea

Jean - I swear that the sims are out to break me!

Sharon - I was on pins! I'll not be fit for rags after Sunday! 

I was trying to think of what I did today, and I realised I had no idea. I'm getting my pen and paper out and I'm starting to journal in detail after I finish this, just to have a clue what I'm doing and what I've done. I'm not going into the idea of what I'm going to do. That remains a mystery no matter how hard I try to plan. 

The phone went very badly. Apparently there is a little lever thingy inside. According to the schematic on the phone and the nice people on YouTube videos, I just needed to press that. I couldn't find the dratted thing. I think it withered away years ago. I can't remember how old the phone is, but I've had it a couple of years. I think it was reconditioned when I got it, or end of stock, so a G5 when they were about to release the next model. The screen isn't very touch screen, the connection is hit and miss and it faints when I get too many pics. It wasn't very expensive, so I suppose I shouldn't grumble. I hope the £92 replacement is as good. I have the even cheaper one somewhere, but I'm keeping that for pics and kindle. Anyway, I couldn't get the sim out. To my surprise, I managed to reassemble the phone and called Tesco, who were lovely. A new sim is on its way. 

I miss the Nokia that my late mother bought me, back in around 2001 when phones were expensive. It was just after she was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I was travelling a lot to visit her. She wanted me to be safer when travelling. I dropped it in a toilet around 2005 but I think if I had tried to save it, the thing would still be going. 

Tomorrow, all being well, I plan to pick a courgette. I think that they are ripe.



There are a few small blobs on the tomato plants as well.


I really need to (a) get some proper tomato feed and (b) take better pics.

I need to get the basil planted into pots now. I filled the pots with soil, but now I have a raging headache, so it can wait.

Writing stuff - I'm now settling down with some writing work. The White Hart website has gone now, so I want to get copies of the work tidied up and put in book form. I can't really afford to pay for nice book covers, but I hope to come up with something for ebooks and paperbacks. I can't get a good price on paperbacks as it will be print on demand, but I should be able to keep the ebooks inexpensive. Getting it fit to put into a book may take some time. There's over 300 pages before I've finished the formatting, and over 206,000 words. I have also learned how to punctuate speech correctly, and so that's a lot of pages that are usually heavy on the dialogue. However once that is done, I can forget it except for adding another link whenever I publish something else. 

I hope people have enjoyed it, and will be able to continue to enjoy it. I had enormous fun writing it, but the format just didn't work. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment