Friday, 5 July 2019

I am Glad it is Friday

Today was a good day.

For some reason the toilet is no longer blocked. I have no idea why, but it is smoothly disposing of everything it should, so I'll take it as a win. I think dumping half a litre of extra strong washing up liquid down it last thing at night did the trick, though it was still reluctant this morning. And I have a working washing machine.

I also have spent some time chasing up mortgage thingies. Our mortgage comes to an end soon, and it was linked to an endowment. There should be absolutely no problem, the mortgage company have a charge on the endowment so they should get their money and if there is any shortfall or excess then the mortgage company will be in touch with us. It should be a totally straightforward transaction. They've lost the original form. They haven't got the date filled in where it should be filled in. Apparently the mortgage company are somewhat concerned and a manager is calling me on Monday. Fortunately the lovely people that run the endowment are able to send me a copy of the details by the end of next week. That took some time, along with chasing up some insurance stuff with the car.

I also wrote something in response to a call for submissions. I'm not sure it's doing it justice, and it was only 700 words, but it's something. I'm feeling smug because I finished it more than half an hour before the deadline. I don't know if it will get anywhere, but I'll get further if I try than if I don't.

Then I had two calls while driving to pick up bear, one from school about nothing serious and one from the car insurance people who hadn't looked on the system to see that it had already been dealt with, but I was on pins until I could find somewhere to stop safely and answer.

Then bear utterly rejected plans for dinner, so had a sandwich instead. 

I'm taking to drink tonight. It isn't that all that stuff was complicated. It's just that it's all sorts of different stuff, on all sorts of different deadlines and no idea where the next storm in a teacup is coming from. After this week, I feel like I have bounced from one thing to another, so tonight I am working on staying still (when not sorting out clothes for bear and DH who are meeting a friend tomorrow. Also violin)

Also have just received the details about the last day of term for bear, and need to work out how the heck I'm supposed to get to the dratted place where he will apparently be watching a sports thingy. Sigh.

Writing stuff - The latest from the White Hart is here. I have been having far too much fun writing that.

Photo by Ashim D’Silva on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment