Pages

Thursday 4 July 2019

I Need a Little Less Excitement

I was almost nodding off when I wrote yesterday's post, so I missed a few bits.

No-one was hurt, but yesterday I saw a lad on a bike hit by a car. I panicked. The lad seemed alright, although he lost a lump from his bike, but I didn't know what to do. The car that hit him just kept on driving. I did have less sympathy than I could have had because the lad had ridden his bike against a red light and into the path of the car, which fortunately wasn't going very fast, and he was more angry than hurt. I felt quite shaken for the rest of the night.

Also, there were donkeys near the farm shop. I had a quick look, but bear and his pal were too cool to bother. They have sent up a sort of ongoing picnic on the back seat of the car, but I got a pic.


Funnily enough, I went past there twice this morning. I dropped bear and his pal off at school and then cut through the back roads and past the farm shop to the tip. The back roads can be challenging, especially if you don't slow down, as they are quite twisty, but there are two lanes and it wasn't that busy. It was also lovely and quiet at the tip. Normally I am a nervous wreck at the tip, but that's because I've gone via the ring road which always leaves me stressed. It wasn't likely to be much easier at rush hour, as I was leaving the tip at around 8.15. So I went back via the back roads, adding at least another five miles on to my journey, and arriving home in a lovely, serene state. This lasted for minutes until I found that the toilet was blocked. I'm still trying to sort it out.

I spent a lot of the day trying different ways of unblocking the loo and waiting for the washing machine repair man. The washing machine was finally fixed around 5pm, and has been going since. I am hoping to catch up tomorrow.

Writing Stuff - It's been odd. I'm putting this out here in case aspiring writers like myself are reading and, if similar happens to them, they are less surprised. You may remember that quite a few months ago I got a story accepted for a Steampunk Anthology, Cogs, Crowns and Carriages. It was going to be published by Our Write Side, who also published Glass and Ashes, which included a story from me. Unfortunately things got complicated at Our Write Side and a lot of very lovely people got upset and now Our Write Side is not currently active, although it may come back later with a renewed membership. Late last night I got an email from Phoebe Darqueling who is an amazing person and who is willing to take on the publishing of Cogs, Crowns and Carriages, but under changed conditions. I'm not sure about the new conditions.

Our Write Side have played fair, and released the rights of the story back to me (not all publishers would do this, so credit to them), so I don't have to go with the new ideas. I know Phoebe is an amazing writer and is really helping the authors who were accepted for the anthology by taking this challenge on, but I'm not sure that the new set up is right for me. There is no time pressure or stress for me to get back to them immediately (again, they have played very fair and not all publishers are so accommodating), so I have a few days to think about it. It's something else to worry about. The hardest part for me is that a lot of very lovely people have had to deal with extra stress and worry and I hate seeing wonderful people upset.

On another track, I got linked to a podcast that showcases poetry read by Ariana R Cherry, called Spoken Word Poetry. I am looking forward to listening to it when I work out how to listen to podcasts.

Hugs to all, and hoping for a very boring day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment