Pages

Monday 22 July 2019

Too Hot to Post

Hester - I'm confident that you not only park better than me, but better than a lot of the shocking examples I've seen. The best was before I passed my test. I was parking in a car park, and a little old lady (genuinely - she looked around 80) parked in one of the driving lanes, next to a parking bay. I'll be able to park confidently one day, I'm determined.

I had a really bad night, with some breathing issues, so I ended up watching this on Netflix - an unedited film of some Norwegian knitters trying to break the record for the fastest sweater, starting with the sheep. They literally started with shearing the sheep and had people there ready to start spinning straight from the fleece. They didn't card it or wash it, but just went in. So far, they've commented that the yarn is very greasy and they've got soap and water ready to clean the needles of the knitters. It's apparently not a complicated pattern, and the yarn is spun quite fine, but it's going to be a proper sweater. The show is over eight and a half hours long, and I've not got halfway. If you don't have Netflix, you may be able to get a similar feel by putting 'Slow TV' into the search bar on YouTube. There are some great results. Mind you, I'm not knitting at the moment. I'm trying to make new lined curtains to keep the warm out.

Speaking of which, I'm in a pathetic puddle in the heat. I can't wait until I'm complaining about being too cold. I am planning on going for a drive tomorrow, as I need to be careful to keep in practice. I've no idea where I'm going, but I'm going early as it will be far too hot by mid morning. I don't have air conditioning in the car.

Writing Stuff - I've put up another writing prompt, which is here if you are interested.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment