Pages

Sunday 28 July 2019

Lots More Rain

There is currently lots of rain where we are and it's cooling things down nicely. Bear and I have been working on his room. I don't think that the beetles have spread much, and there seem to be a lot less of them after we got rid of the sleep pillows. I also jettisoned the normal pillows - almost literally, as I threw them out of the bathroom window. This may account for our beetle lined bath tub as poor DH found half a dozen floating in the water when he tried to have a bath. It sort of put him off. I'm going to be working on emptying the house.

I finally cracked how to cook the chicken in the small oven so we had a nice dinner with potatoes and peas and lots of lovely gluten free gravy. DH seemed happy to have potatoes for a change, so I think I'll look up some recipes and see what I can do besides the normal mash, roast, boulangere (thank you, Hester, for that recipe, it rocks) etc. I still fail at baking potatoes with the microwave and it's too hot still to cook them longhand. I have requests for rice salad tomorrow, so I suppose that's what we are having.

We are solidly working our way through 'Still Open All Hours'.  The trouble is, I keep dropping stitches when I knit because I'm laughing so much. Bear is finding it hysterical and cackling madly but the poor lad doesn't realise that he lives in Yorkshire and the local girls are likely to follow in the footsteps of Nora Batty and Mrs Featherstone. I'm practising saying nothing.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment