Pages

Tuesday 19 October 2021

Another Day, Another Meh

Wherethejourneytakesme - I would have definitely waved back. At some point I hope we meet. We just need to get over the problems caused by the plague and my social anxiety.

I finished the shawl. 

The problem is that the point curls up, sort of sucked in. I think it's the way I did the increases in the lace section. Being me, I did a twisted drop stitch (which takes one row) rather than the more traditional drop stitch they used (which takes two rows) and while I love the twisted drop stitch, it isn't brilliant for increases (though I think it makes the yarn go a lot further for a scarf). It's no good trying to block it. The 'yarn' has no give in it whatsoever and I think could actually melt if pressed. I think I will have to throw it out. I'm not even thinking of unravelling it - the yarn would be knot central within five yards!

I may try again with the pattern, possibly with a different yarn and definitely with the proper drop stitch. Or I may fiddle with the increases so that it doesn't matter. I would have also liked to do a few plain rows after, but my circular needle was full. I didn't count as I cast off, but there were over three hundred stitches earlier on, and it was cumbersome. I've cast on a (very easy) wrap style thing.

Bear has half term coming up and a distaste for spiders. I asked him if he wanted to go out looking for conkers (which are supposed to deter spiders, but I am unconvinced) or should I get them from eBay. Bear was clear - get them from eBay. I am a little concerned as he plans to spend a lot of time with revision, but he knows his workload. I'll need to keep an eye on that. I may ask him to plan for Halloween to be free and for him to take it as strict relaxation.

Also, I have just put on some Morrisons vapour rub. I tried to be careful, but I think the best description is 'blast radius'. My laptop is getting its sinuses cleared.

Writing stuff - today's story is here, and the book fair of the books connected with the October Frights Blog Hop is here, but it will only be up until the end of October. 

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. Your shawl looks lovely. I started one and, well, that's as far as I got!

    ReplyDelete