Pages

Saturday 23 October 2021

Reality Check

Sharon - your photos are amazing! You have wonderful perception, and I am always stunned by the clarity of them. Sending all good vibes.

Re the writing - I have to do something. I'm hoping after I get my teeth fixed that I can get some work around the school run. Meanwhile I need to get some money together. Bear is talking about University. I'm encouraging him to make that choice if he gets the marks, but letting him know that it's up to him and there is another world out there. To be honest, I think life would be easier if he got a degree, but I don't want to stress him. But if he goes to university, the loans and stuff are calculated on parental income. On DH's income, assuming all goes well and no disasters happen, we will be expected to contribute several hundred pounds a month, and it would be easier for bear if we could manage more. We have some savings, and some bits put aside for bear that I don't think he knows about, but the more we can help, the happier I'll be. And knowing my lack of impulse control when it comes to shopping, I think I should increase my income as well as look for savings. 

One place I may able to save is on alcohol. I was honest with the dentist today about how much I drank. I think they assumed that I was under-reporting, doubled it, and now I'm being referred for a liver function test. They also advised me not to stop drinking cold turkey, which I did a few weeks ago because I was taking painkillers. I'm going to at least cut down. 

I had a drive after the dentist, but I couldn't get speed up on a stretch where the limit was 70. I don't know what it is. I think that I'm using the gears wrong as I was struggling to get over 50mph. I shall have to get some practice. 

Writing stuff - Today's snippet is here. It's a little more upbeat but still supernatural, to fit October.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comments about my photos. I really enjoy taking them but lack self confidence.

    It's good that you're giving Bear options. It amazed me at school that they pushed some of us to university and others to trade school. If we've learned anything over the past couple of years it's that trades are important and I don't think those jobs are given enough credit.

    Glad you got done with the dentist. Hope the test goes well. I've been having a little too much to drink lately - am cutting down a bit. I think it's all the stress lately.

    ReplyDelete