Pages

Monday 25 October 2021

Still Quiet

Sharon - I loved that pic of the coyote. The sudden look of 'what the fluff?' It is really hard to get the confidence up, and I know how it feels. I post stuff I write most weeks now, but it took me a long time to get that courage up. It feels so vulnerable. My experience, though, is that there are a lot of supportive people out there, and all you can do is keep practising being brave. It does get easier with practice.

As for bear and what he does, I always felt that there was a sort of conveyor belt. First GCSEs, then A levels, then University and then - what? I think that bear has got the ability to get to University (though I could be a biased mother), but I want him to do so with some sort of awareness and a knowledge of other opportunities. 

It's the school holidays, so bear has been just hanging out. Tomorrow I start nagging him properly about his homework - no matter how reluctantly. However it will be better than him having an emotional collapse if it gets to Sunday without him having done any work. On the bright side, I managed to locate and wash most of bear's games kit. I haven't found his football socks, and I'm almost afraid to look. With all the mud and the effects of half a term of football, rugby and generic running around, I'm surprised they haven't walked up to me by themselves and asked the way to the washer.

I'm at the very end of that cold, finally, but I'm still feeling run down. I think I will take the opportunity of a week without the school run and start getting snuggled down for winter. Perhaps if I spend some time reading books on Hygge and such like then I'll be energised into action.

Writing stuff - today's story is here, and I had far too much fun writing it.

Hugs and good health to all. 

brown cat on white table

Image from Unsplash taken by Elba Sindoni

No comments:

Post a Comment