Pages

Thursday 7 October 2021

I Just Blinked

I don't know what happened to today. I just blinked and it's almost bedtime. 

I've just pottered around today with some writing and clearing out some stuff. I've ironed a shirt or two and I've pulled together the Christmas stuff. It's as well I did. I've just been buying a bag of Lebkuchen whenever I've seen them in the shops over the last week or two and I already have half a dozen. They'd been stashed in different corners, so I hadn't realised. Mind you, I'll probably pick up half a dozen more as one of the main treats over the holidays. But at least this way I can keep track. 

Bear auditioned for the House Drama this lunchtime. I've no idea if he will get a part, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him. They are doing something based on The Addams Family. I will grumble about the school sometimes, but the school has set the kids up so that the pupils themselves will organise, script and perform. Teachers are not involved at all. It's all kept in house, so the parents never get to see it, but I get the feeling that it's a reasonable standard, with music, costume, proper lighting and everything. The bits I have seen have been impressive - and all driven by the students themselves. It's preparing them for being proactive and going out and making things happen. 

Writing stuff - I fitted in some writing as well, and I'm feeling quite pleased. Today's piece is here, and it's an old favourite which I always enjoy. 

I don't know whether it's good news or bad news, but I'm considering stripping out the stories from my fiction blog and putting them in book form. If I do, I'll give plenty of notice and try and make sure that I regularly run free promotions on Amazon. I'm in two minds, because it may generate some pennies, but it seems a little like cheating. On the other hand, I'll have to keep up to the new stuff on my writing blog. 

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. I read yesterday's story Good Things...intriguing...but now I keep looking at my book shelves wondering if any of my books are going to take me over. Do you not frighten yourself to death sometimes Lyssa? xx

    ReplyDelete