Pages

Sunday 3 October 2021

Getting Rid

Karen - I had a quick look, and it's gluten free as well! So many soups aren't. I'll give it a go.

Sharon - My grandmother was relentless when it came to shopping. She could have won an Olympic medal. And the jewellery bits are a lot of broken jewellery that I bought from eBay. It's wonderful sorting through them. I think you would make better use of it as I know you make lovely things, but we plan to have fun.

Jean - when all else fails, turn to Dad jokes. I'm glad it made you smile. 

Today has been better. Yesterday I couldn't put weight on my left foot and my right knee kept giving way. I don't think that there's anything particular going on. It just sometimes gets like that. I also binned the shawl I had been knitting, along with all the yarn. I think it hadn't been properly wound into balls, because the yarn was three strands, and one strand was much longer than the others and sort of loose, so the loop of excess yarn grew longer and more tangled as I knitted. It was almost tempting to hang on to the rest of it, but I tried re-winding the dratted stuff and it wasn't working, and I couldn't see an immediate use, so I decided to get rid. I started again with some different yarn. Yesterday and today, while watching a film with DH and watching Strictly, I managed this.

The yarn is not particularly wonderful. I bought it at an extremely good price but it's more like the leather cord than yarn, but a fabric. The pattern recommends blocking the finished shawl, but there's no give in the yarn, so I probably won't bother. Any left over will be used where I would use the leather cord, or similar. 

DH took the old microwave to the tip today, along with an old iron, a broken hand mixer and the toaster. I can't remember the last time the toaster was used. We rarely bother with bread, and when we do, it's usually the uncut loaves that need to be sliced and are better under the grill. The kitchen is even more chaotic than usual as I have bits everywhere after shuffling things around for the new microwave, but it's an improvement.

Writing stuff - today's offering is here. And I'm feeling confident that the piece that has been fighting back for a fortnight will submit in time to be read tomorrow. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment