Pages

Monday 11 October 2021

Ooops!

 Wherethejourneytakesme - unfortunately getting worse.

I'm almost going mad with toothache at the moment, but it wasn't so bad this morning. This was just as well, because the arch which had the runner beans on had fallen over and the bottom bit had completely given up. I suspect the pigeons had a squabble at the top and it was all too much for the structure. Bear gave his opinion that they were utterly cheap rubbish, and he was very active in putting them together, so he should know. I'm planning to get rid of the other one, with the honeysuckle. I'm going to do such a clear out, and I hope to take pics. I was too embarassed by weeds to take pics of the fallen arch, but here is one I took a while ago while it was upright.


The above was taken 20th August. It had spread somewhat since then. The plants had been uprooted and, to be honest, were broken. Unfortunately it had fallen on a tub of basil, so while I was cutting up the greenery, it felt like I was being force fed pesto in a malevolent Italian restaurant. It was an excuse to to to the tip on the bypass.

And the honeysuckle - I took the pic just now and the light isn't helping. The arch is very entwined, but I suspect that it's only the washing line that's keeping it upright.



The arch isn't supposed to be pointed. It's just rubbish metal.

Bear approves of the idea of the arches, but believes that this time we shouldn't get cheap rubbish. The arches were extremely cheap.The yellow box is actually a grit box that turned up in my garden one day via a friend of a friend who took me by surprise. It's been a pain in the neck ever since as I wanted the bins to go there. I also suspect that rats are using it as a run. I feel very strongly about this matter. So the bin can go across the road where everyone can help themselves (I've always said that anyone in the street can do that) and I intend to prune with malice. 

Bear has not got a good part in the house drama. Also, issues with his GCSE drama. I'm happy to distract him with arches.

Writing stuff - today's story is here and if you scroll down there is a list of other authors taking part, the giveaway and the bookfair. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment