Pages

Monday 18 October 2021

Funny Sort of Day

I had an awful night. I managed about two hours sleep and I feel like scrunched up newspaper. The antihistimines didn't really help. 

I was worried about the school run, but I managed fine. The only oddity for that was when I dropped bear off. He has started asking to be dropped near a particular junction where the street parking is odd because (insert long and complicated reason that I understood 30% of it). I've found a nice little spot, away from traffic lights, junctions, bollards and awkward corners and I've used it about half a dozen times now. I pulled up behind the usual car and noticed a long black stripe. Someone had sprayed paint over it. I looked around. The spray paint had also been used over the car in the drive, the walls, the path, the windows and the doors of the house next to the car. It was not nice stuff, lots of swear words and accusing someone of being part of the IRA and 'poiseners'. I dropped bear off and got out of there.

I could have really done with trying to go back to sleep, but the car valeter was coming. DH had asked him to do his car, as it is a lease car that is about to be handed back, and I thought I would have mine done at the same time. The valeter took four hours in cold and damp. We tipped him a decent amount.

Every now and then I sort of peered out as the lad was working. I spotted at least ten sparrows on the bird feeder and surrounding honeysuckle at one point as they bullied the pigeons, and there was a great tit later on. There was also a rat, but it didn't seem confident, so I'm hoping some of the sound stuff is working. This leads me to another concern. The apples.

We have a small apple tree in a tub. It has some apples. Most of them don't seem ready as they are clinging on to the branch and not giving. I managed to pick one, and it was the only decent (for me) pic that I got. 


These apples have been ignored by the birds (including pigeons), wasps, rats and the squirrel. I'm not sure if the wildlife is trying to tell us something. I may look up craft style stuff. I'm sure I've seen them dried and stuck with cloves. That would be awesome. 

Bear is off to climbing tonight and as soon as he is home I am going to have a very stiff drink and a ridiculously early night.

Writing stuff - Today's story is here, another new one with Kane. He seems to be making himself heard at the moment.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. We were in Dewsbury today then passed through Batley and onto Birstall and Ikea (for our free drinks and the loo)- we looked out for you and your car - had I spotted you I would have waved.x

    ReplyDelete