Pages

Friday 8 October 2021

What happened to the Week?

Wherethejourneytakesme - I write scarier than I can read. There have been times when I have walked away from a story because I was writing at night and I wouldn't be able to sleep. I had to finish in the morning. Doctor Who is about my limit for scary when it comes to films and books, and I think that I sometimes get past that. I hope that you liked it. Sometimes I think I have so much fun writing that it ought to be illegal and I worry that I get carried away.

Today has been another day when I have dotted around with a little washing, a little housewifery and some writing. We had the quorn mince again for dinner. This time it was cooked up with tomatoes, onions, sweetcorn and all the good flavourings, and served with pasta and peas. I was discussing this with DH and we want to move away from meat. We won't be going completely vegetarian or vegan, but we'll be looking at more veggie alternatives. I want to get the hang of cooking more with lentils, as well. Bear is currently rejecting soup in any form, but I know that there are other ways of eating them. 

I went on the bypass again. I only dropped off a couple of cardboard boxes at the tip, but it was an excuse really. I wanted to have a go on the sliproad and practice going fast. I got stuck behind someone doing 40mph in a 60mph zone - again. I overtook them, which was terrifying, but I was okay. The car runs much better after a good run. I'm still not convinced about the motorway.

Writing stuff - today's story is here, another spooky tale. It's also only two more days until the October Frights Blog Hop so if you are interested, keep an eye out. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


1 comment:

  1. I couldn't stop reading to the end...I was gripped! Funny as it is quite opposite to anything I would buy to read. I don't do Sci-fi in any shape or form and don't really get along with anything like 'make believe' Harry Potter for instance would be a big no no (and maybe I am missing out big time). My interest always gravitates towards the completely real - stories of peoples lives, diaries, history that kind of thing.
    On my list at the moment is a book called Fortnight in September by R C Sherriff (out of print now but recently resurected by Persephone books) a simple account about a man who takes his family on holiday to Bognor each year in September.
    I guess it is why I love reading blogs like yours of your everyday life - which by the way always puts a smile on my face at bedtime (when I normally read) with your humour in so many disasters! xx
    Don't frighten yourself to death!

    ReplyDelete