Pages

Wednesday 6 October 2021

Wonderfully Uneventful

Sarah - bear is starting Year 10, so at the beginning of his fourth year of grammar school. They are taking the GCSEs very seriously, and have a 'Head of Achievement' overseeing the next few years. I think that bear may be supposed to be doing 2-3 hours every night, but he's actually doing a lot less. Also, some is done in the car on the way to school. As he has got positives for his homework, I think he's doing okay. I told him tonight that his homework is between him and his conscience. I am staying out of it to the best of my ability.

DH and I spent this evening watching 'The Addams Family'. Bear is auditioning for a part in the House Drama, which is based on The Addams Family this year.. The houses all put on plays and... I have no idea, but bear is very enthusiastic. 

Writing stuff - I spent today finishing off today's story. I had only planned a quick story, something short and simple. It rather got away from me, and ended up at around 3,000 words. It's here, if you are interested. And I used a pic that I took myself. I'm quite pleased. It isn't as good as the ones I see on unsplash or on some of the amazing blogs linked in the sidebar, but I thought it looked good. Despite the story, it is quite a harmless book, published in 1896 with some rather dull recipes. The only ithing that caught my attention in the actual book is the advert for syrup of phosphorus on the back page. I can't find the book, but I'll take a pic when I find it again.


The flower is some gypsophilia that was part of a bunch that I was throwing out when it reached the end. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment