Pages

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Ridiculous

Sharon - thank you! The pattern was free and is here. It's quite easy to knit, especially if you follow it properly and have a very long circular needle. It also took more yarn than expected, but I think that may have been because of the type of rubbish, naff raff, cheap, so-called yarn I was using. And it didn't take that long.

I was going to call this post, 'From the Sublime to the Ridiculous'. I can't remember what the 'sublime' was. But now I have a bad toe. It is pathetic. I mean, it aches, and it's not exactly comfortable to walk on, but it feels ridiculous. How can I take myself seriously with a bad big toe?

There is good news. Bear has done well in the latest tests. The school tests a lot, partly to practice and partly to keep checking on the pupils. There's 'stepping stones' and 'milestones' and all sorts. I did my O Levels, the GCSE equivalents, nearly forty years ago. My history exam involved four essays in an hour and thirty minutes. Bear has questions divided into four pointers and 12 pointers and he worked it out that he had to hit roughly a point per minute. It's about technique as much as knowledge. I find it quite depressing. Bear did awesomely but is planning on spending half term doing revision. It's apparently ongoing. The school insists that all the pupils hit high standards, which is good, but I worry that bear could take too much to heart.

Writing stuff - Today's story is here. And if you are looking for something spooky, Three Furies Press have a promotion going on here, with their scarier stories (mine not included). 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pattern! I haven't ever used a circular needle. I might give it a try this winter.

    Glad Bear is doing well. Hopefully he won't become too overwhelmed or worry too much!

    ReplyDelete