Pages

Sunday 10 October 2021

I made a Casserole

I am very proud of making a casserole. I chopped up the mushroom, carrot and onion, fried the beef in garlic granules, added a tiny bottle of wine plus herbs and stock cube, peeled the potatoes for mash and got the broccoli set up in the steamer. All the time in absolute agony with toothache

I am now about to have some Solpadeine with codeine which means that I will be high as a kite for the evening. I thought I had better get my blog post here. My tooth is very painful indeed. I only take solpadeine if I'm desperate because I am not safe with codeine. I definitely couldn't drive. I'm not sure that I'll be fit to operate a laptop and I'm wondering how to block access to eBay and Amazon. It's a harsh step, but I have form for bad decisions when under no influence whatsoever, so I don't want to make things worse.

This evening I plan to listen to a book. It just goes to show - I forgot all about my subscription to Scribd until I realised I had some books published on there. You subscribe for so much a month, then you can read books, listen to books or podcasts, have access to magazines and sheet music and apparently something called documents. I plan to get my money's worth now. I've been knitting and listening to The Horse, the Wheel and Language by David W Anthony, and I've enjoyed. it. It's non-fiction, and is about the development of the Indo European language and the link with the domestication of the horsee. Once the solpadeine has hit, though, I'll be fit for the Teletubbies.

And when I feel a little more composed, I'll go through the subscriptions on my PayPal account. I keep a very vague and loose track on my bank account, but I suspect that Scribd is a PayPal payment.

Writing stuff - Today it's all in one place, all the links to the October Frights Blog Hop are at the bottom of my post on my writing blog here. I had a little play with some spooky ideas for the steampunk world of Out of the London Mist and I hope that you like them. I've added all the other writers taking part in the hop and the links to the giveaway (which if I could work out Story Origins I would totally be part of, but I can't so I'm not) and the book fair.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment: