Pages

Monday 4 October 2021

The Start of Another Week

I got bear to school in clean uniform today. That is a win.

I had planned to go to Haworth on Saturday, to the steampunk fair there, and talked with bear and DH about it. I was psyching myself up (new people and no costume), when I got a call. I need a lot of dental work doing, and last time I went to the dentist my throat went into a spasm and so they really want to do the work under sedation. The consultation, which I can't really switch, is this Saturday. 

I am never mentioning a plan again.

Speaking of steampunk, if I ever get into instagram (which I really should), I have a prop. 


I bought it from Asda. Initially I bought it online to come in the same package as two duvet covers and a set of chopping boards. It came in the same box as them but without any packing at all. There was no bubble wrap or foam or even crumpled brown paper. The bulb was in the smallest fragments, which is why I had to go to Asda on Saturday, to take it back and get a replacement. I think it looks sort of cool.

I need to get into the garden, but I'm not looking forward to it. The pack of sparrows is getting very boisterous. They were having some sort of fight in the fuchsia when we got home. Mind you, I wasn't paying much attention as I was exhausted. A water main had burst on one of the routes home and the diversions were causing havoc. I was barely home in time to make DH's dinner before he took bear to climbing.

Writing stuff - Today's snippet is here. I thought it was a while since I wrote about Kane, and as he works with ghosts, it's a suitable topic for October. 

There will be further updates as October moves on. October Frights Blog Hop is on 10-15th October. I'll have all the links in my writing blog when it starts. There will be pieces from over a dozen authors, and what Anita Stewart, the amazing organiser, is calling a book fair. This is links to books by the participants (including Out of the London Mist by yours truly) so if you like the style of one of the participants, you can perhaps follow up with one of their books. There is also a giveaway on Story Origin. I'm not part of that (as I can't work out how to use the dratted site) but if you are interested then you could perhaps get some more reading there. 

Hugs and good health to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment