Pages

Thursday 21 October 2021

Getting Silly

Okay, I've had the tooth abscess, the cold from heck, the sore toe which is crippling me to try and walk and now my car's engine fault light is on. 

Last time the car engine fault came on (I think the beginning of September), I was in a car with a phone on low battery and no charger in the car. After valeting, there is no charger in the car and I'd let my phone battery run down. At least this time I wasn't lost when it happened. When I got it to Kwik Fit, they thought it would be the catalytic converter, but after they cleaned things up and checked, they couldn't find a fault. 

The poor car gets gunked up. Cars, I believe, need a good fast run now and again to keep them running well. Poor red hasn't had them for a while. There has been the fuel shortage, and all the health issues, and the only stretch of road I usually get above forty on the school run has been closed due to a burst water main. I'm taking her in tomorrow afternoon. I picked up bear as the engine seems to be running fine, and I'm keeping everything crossed that it's something inexpensive. DH has handed back the lease car when it came to the end of the lease, so I can't cadge lifts from him. I have to be nice to the Kwik Fit people. I keep going in there with a warning light, a baffled expression and no explanation. They are very patient with me.

Bear is also off school tomorrow and the next week for half term. He's planned lots of revision and study. I shall have to keep an eye on him. 

Writing stuff - today's story is here.

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. Our engine fault light comes on everytime we go through a deepish puddle at the side of the road - so as you can imagine when it rains it is almost permanently on. There is no fault that anyone can find they just put it down to being too sensitive on the wet roads.
    Hope you get it fixed.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the car troubles work out. I don't use mine much during the week but at weekends we do take it on longer journeys so it gets a good run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughters brand new wonder car kept going onto limp mode and flashing every light on the dash . The garage was baffled it happened every day they then swapped it for another its a company lease car so allowed, it did the exact same thing. The third time it was delivered home on a low loader by some old bloke from the garage . Who jumped out and said , i know whats up, do you always park on the drive . Her drive is really steep and the eco engine kept thinking it was low on fuel and shutting down....the wonder of modern technology , she now parks on the street and its fine

    ReplyDelete