Pages

Thursday 21 December 2023

A Little Draughty

 


The bins were blown all over this morning. DH went and dragged ours back, but it's been very windy here. I was glad when bear got to college safely.

I've not been hugely productive today. I've checked off a few boxes, but I wanted to do more. Never mind, I'll start again tomorrow. 

I popped out this evening for what I hope will be the last supermarket run of the year. No doubt I'll have a trip or two to the local shops, but I'm hoping that I'll need nothing much more. I waited until the wind died down, along with some of the crowds, then nipped out around 7.30pm. 

On the way there, in the dark I saw a grey bird zigzagging low over the road before landing in the middle of the lane right in front of me. I put on my hazard lights, slowed down and tooted my horn. It was a Canada goose and I swear that the darned thing hissed at me. There was definitely a 'come and have a go if you think you can take me' vibe. The goose would have won, feathers down, but it eventually got out of the road. I was glad to be safely passed it. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had Canada geese over there! I see them very occasionally, over here, as they fly down for the winter. Sounds like you're very well organized for the holidays with all your grocery shopping done. I still need to put in an order for groceries for some fresh vegetables for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if Canada geese were imported like grey squirrels. They terrorise a lot of parks so they may not have come here naturally. That would explain their scary temperament.

      Delete