Pages

Sunday 17 December 2023

Lots of Thinking Here

Today has been quiet. DH cooked an amazing meal for us tonight with the help of bear. I need to keep an eye on bear as he has a cough, but it doesn't look like he feels poorly. I'll get him to take a test before he goes to college tomorrow, but to me it looks like an average winter cough. Poor kid is fed up, though, and I've been feeding him lots of mint tea with honey. 

The squirrel was back on the feeder.

The rats have also been on the feeder. I think that we'll have to consider whether feeding the birds is worth feeding the rats. 

Hazel made an interesting suggestion about using rewards as a way of keeping motivated. My willpower to stick to working for rewards has the strength of candyfloss, but I'll think about how to make it work for me. I'm quite desperate. Apart from anything else, in less than two years bear will be out of the home and he'll need good examples to take with him. 

I'm setting myself up to make it work starting again tomorrow. I've made a list of things that I want to do tomorrow, none of which are particularly huge, and planned out a rough order. I've also gone over my lists and noticed that there are a lot of blank lines. I can use these to add stuff that I need to do now as I go along. 

I've also got a little way ahead with my writing, so fingers crossed that I'll keep going. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

7 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a meal prepared by your husband and bear! I hope bear gets over his cough quickly. It seems that, this winter, everyone is having some sort of cough or respiratory illness.
    Rewarding yourself for accomplishing your tasks is a very good idea. Maybe reward yourself with 15 minutes of knitting or other fun and relaxing activity for every 15 minutes of cleaning or for accomplishing 5 items off your list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll need to start small. I have a habit of being crushed when I can't do everything perfectly in a split second. But that's not a bad thing.

      Delete


  2. It’s interesting to see how people manage their time. I used to write appointments on a calendar - then my iPhone.

    I think I primarily played each day by ear though. I did buy a ‘white board’ which I pinned up in the kitchen; but didn’t plan anything on it and it always looked boringly empty.

    In the early years of our marriage I would write food menus for the week - but only to stay within a limited budget.

    I think if planning works for you, then I can see it being of advantage. Structure is important I know - oh dear, I just don’t do it🫢
    Love Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found writing everything down really helpful when I was badly affected by depression. Sometimes I'd have to break tasks down into the smallest increments - get out kettle - add water to kettle - switch on kettle etc but it's not a bad way of working on stuff.

      Delete
    2. That sounds really sensible… when depressed it’s so easy to get apathetic. I confess I rather blob my way through a lot of days now. In my head I plan a lot - in reality I do very little. You have given me food for thought ❤️love Mary

      Delete
  3. Nice of Bear and Husband to cook a meal.

    I've not got any suggestions for time management and getting things done. I get so easily distracted. I try lists and I can do them in bursts, then forget to write the list. Sigh. I do try making a list of things I want to get accomplished for the week and then break it down in daily chunks. I get so discouraged if I don't manage to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending hugs. I'm finding it hard but the lists are really helping.

      Delete