Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2023

Kind of Busy

I was up really early this morning. It was one of those decisions that I had completely overthought. You see, I had to pick up my new glasses, and for that I park in a Morrisons car park. As it's the week before Christmas, and it's insanely busy at the best of times, I booked to pick up as soon as they opened at 9am. It's not the Morrisons where I picked up bear, but around a twenty minute drive away, so I could leave at around 8.30 without issue. But then I realised that the only plausible route took me past two schools and it would be hell at that time. By the time I'd chased my worries round and round, I ended up leaving the house at 7.10am, getting there at 7.25am and then hanging around until 9am. I picked up a few bits from Morrisons, nipped into the opticians - and I was two days early! Fortunately it was all okay and I could pick up the glasses and get myself home. 

This is just as well as I have booked the car in for a service on Friday. I think it's overdue as when I tried to get into reverse this morning, the car wasn't having it at all. The lovely people at the garage always chat and as I'm always knitting there, I get asked by one when I'm knitting him a sweater. I thought I'd knit him a scarf. I've one that I started ages ago so I thought I may have a chance to finish it tomorrow for him. I hope that it's masculine enough. 


It isn't from the yarn that was gifted, but I wish I was more organised and not taking time away from knitting for the Mission for Seafarers. 

I used at least half a pack today. The wipes are small, which were perfect for bear when he was tiny, and the woodwork on the stairs was filthy, but I made a dent and I feel better for it. Up and at it again tomorrow. 

Writing stuff - there's a chatty piece on my blog about why I'm using the writing prompts here and a little bit about the problems of writing in British English when most of your readers use American English on #HazardousToYourSanity here

I need to make a 'to-do' list of stuff that isn't recurring, especially of writing stuff. If I get going, anything could happen!

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes doing a small job (as in cleaning the stairs' woodwork) is much better than trying to do "everything" and overwhelming oneself. I'm more or less ready for Christmas - presents wrapped etc. - but made a bit of an error on the meat front. Originally I thought my daughter would be coming to mine for Christmas Day but she thought I was going there, so we both ordered some nice beef. When we finally sorted out who was going where (me to her) I thought I had cancelled the beef order but it seems I did not. It's not too big a deal as I think it will fit in my small freezer. We'll see soon enough as it is due in a couple of hours.
    I used to enjoy writing bits and pieces (just for my own amusement) but since going through some family problems, and then being ill last year, I can't seem to focus long enough to write more than a few sentences. I did go to a writing evening class a few years ago and the tutor used to give us prompts. Sometimes as homework, but also sometimes to just write in class for 10 minutes. I might try to get back to that in the New Year (but it is definitely not a resolution). Hope you and your family have a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty organised but haven't wrapped yet. The meat confusion is a nuisance but at least you can freeze it.

      I've cued up writing prompts until the end of February. I'm using them for selfish reasons, but they're open to anyone as long as it's fun for them. And if you want to be directed to something else later on, just let me know. I'm always happy to share the fun stuff.

      Delete
  2. Well, it's good that you were still able to pick up your glasses two days early! Your scarf looks great and I hope the person receiving it will be happy to have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the one row scarf and wonderfully easy to knit.

      Delete