Pages

Monday 4 December 2023

Good First Day of Planning

Some more of my impulse buy yarn came today. I've got this far.


The pattern was on sale and I downloaded for free. You can see it here. It's a very easy sort of top/sweater in chunky, knitted sideways. Apart from the part where I have to pick up a gazillion stitches at the end, it's fairly straightforward and that suits me.

I ticked quite a few boxes today. I didn't tick the 'five minutes in the garden' as it was cold, wet and miserable. I've done a fair amount of online shopping, though. I think that I'm just about done for the holidays. DH and I don't spend much on each other, and bear is getting driving lessons paid for, although we still haven't applied for his licence, so I'm not getting so much for him. I've just got a few bits lined up. And apart from the shopping, I've done all sorts of little jobs that I was just not getting around to, so I'm pleased. Hopefully I'll get a little more done gradually as I go along. I'm feeling sort of good about it. 

I think having the list, but feeling free to not complete the list, has really helped. I think that it's really important that I don't feel the need to be perfect. That has taken a lot of pressure from me. I can see me adding to the list over the next few weeks, but so much of it is stuff that is really small, like checking my bank balance on a daily basis. I can do that as I eat breakfast if I use the app, and it keeps me a little more aware.

Speaking of aware, I'd been keeping the Heinz at Home subscribe and save going. DH really likes Heinz baked beans, so I ordered them direct. I'd planned to skip the next delivery, but I kept thinking that I had time to cancel. However I got a notice to tell me that the beans are on their way. All the other subscriptions that I've had will at least give a warning! I already have a baked bean mountain and I think that it's going to be growing. I've cancelled the subscribe and save and I think that I'll concentrate on watching the sales in the supermarket when we finally run down the stockpile. 

And speaking of supermarket sales, did I mention that Tesco are currently doing a 3-for-the-price-of-two on Yankee Candles and their Naturewick brand. I've found that their Naturewick is pretty good so I plan to stock up emphatically.  

Hugs and good health to all. 

8 comments:

  1. I make lists of "Things to do today" and leave them on the end of the kitchen counter. I add to them, cross out what I've done, cut them apart and save the one item left while throwing away the finished parts, sometimes the same day, often a few days later. So my lists sit around awhile. But they do remind me of what I had planned to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that the lists will help me as well. Even if I don't get it all done, it's out of my head and hopefully in a place where I'm reminded to act

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a good day - celebrating the small wins instead of focusing on the small fails is good for the soul in my opinion. I think I have more or less finished my Christmas shopping but I find it very stressful. I often find I buy something for someone and then worry they won't like it so buy something else then have the dilemma of what to give them. I keep suggesting the extended family stop buying for each other but they all love Christmas so that doesn't go down very well. Thank goodness it's only once a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do that - as it gets nearer and nearer to Christmas I start trying to overcompensate. Hugs

      Delete
  3. So glad the lists are helping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that the lists are helping!

    ReplyDelete