Pages

Wednesday 27 December 2023

Another Wonderfully Quiet Day

Bear went out to meet friends today. This translates to meeting other students and revising in the university library before wandering around the town centre. I don't know how much studying was done overall, but I'm impressed that any happened.

I took the opportunity to go with DH to feed the crows. We had a wonderful time and I can see it becoming a regular thing. Poor DH is really suffering with a cough, but the drive out did him good and the crows and magpies were definitely entertaining. There was a considerable amount of squabbling, some incredible flying and a very cheeky squirrel in the mix. 


That is the magpie that swooped onto the car to get a monkey nut left on the car bonnet. It was incredible - the bird just swooped in, grabbed the nut without landing and was off before we could take a pic.


That, unfortunately was the best pic that I got from the squirrel. The crows hid some of the nuts in the long grass and I think that the squirrel was after them. I'm pretty sure that any nuts were hidden away from the dogs that get walked there. 

Apart from that, nothing much happened today and I'm hopeful that nothing much will happen tomorrow.

Hugs and good health to all. 


4 comments:

  1. Crows are such wonderful birds. There are some that visit the garden in winter, when food is hard to find. Last year they would make such a racket outside until I would go out and put peanuts out. They would then swoop down from the trees and pack two or three into their beaks. I miss watching my birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! DH was fascinated as they picked up the nuts carefully before strutting off.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete