Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2023

I Have Eaten Far Too Much

We have had a wonderful Christmas here. Bear was very happy with his presents, even though there was only a small selection. I got some wonderful things, including a candle that bear got for me in particular. He usually relies on DH or I to pick up stuff, but this is one that he went out of his way to get. I'll take a pic later - it's a candle and I think that I'll keep the container forever. 

DH made Christmas dinner, which was mighty, and then we had a wonderful time just spending time together. We watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special together and just had such a good time. I also watched King Charles' Christmas Speech and I thought that for the first time I could see his father in him. 

Today I went out for a short stretch of the wheels. I went to my usual car park and I fed the crows. I only threw a few monkey nuts because there are a lot of dog walkers there and I wanted to make sure that nothing was left over for an unsuspecting dog. Trust me - nothing was. The crows were quite emphatic about that. 


I also called in to Tesco briefly. I felt mortified. I was being the sort of shopper that means that the staff have to come in on Boxing Day. I had unfortunately got more Christmas pudding than cream, so I called in. The car park was quite empty when I arrived.


I was still glad to get home. 

I've finished the hat, but haven't sewn it up yet. I'll need to get onto that tomorrow or I'll forget it altogether. I've started on a scarf, as the yarn is quite pink. I thought I could donate it to the Salvation Army or a homeless charity once it was finished.


The pattern isn't perfect but it could be a fun scarf for someone. I may stick to hats after this, though, even if it's pink yarn. I think that there are some homeless shelters that can use them if I don't send them to the Mission to Seafarers. btw the pattern for the scarf is double knitting on 5mm needles (bigger than advised) to make it a little more lacy, then three rows of plain knit, one row of purl, three rows of knit, one row of twisted drop stitch, three rows of knit, etc. 

We had another big dinner today and I'm feeling rather stuffed. We've spent the evening watching the original series of Doctor Who with William Hartnell and it reminded me of how experimental the sixties really were. It's been fun. 

Writing stuff - the response to the writing prompt from last week was automatically posted here as confusion continues in the White Hart. This week's writing prompt is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. I like the colors on that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colours have worked out really well. I love it when the yarn does the hard work.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a wonderful day! The scarf is a lovely colour. I always have trouble working out what bit I've done and what I haven't - even when I do use markers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have completely messed it up a couple of times, but as it's not a formal thing but a scarf, I think I'll get away with it.

      Delete