Pages

Friday 22 December 2023

The Holidays Have Started

DH has finished work, bear's winter break has started and the lights are now on permanently. I've got the treats out to nibble on and I've turned the heating up. It will be incredibly cosy here until I turn the heating back down on 2nd January. 

Gladys is not looking her best after the storms. I'll need to go out and prune over the next week or so.


I don't know what I'll write about now that she's dormant. 

The car had a full service. Once again I told them about the intermittent issue with the clutch. Once again they couldn't find it. They said that the car was in good shape and she drove like a dream on the way home. The guy who normally jokes about my knitting (in a lovely way) wasn't there and that's perhaps just as well as I didn't finish the scarf. I've added a few inches to the hat, though. It would be wonderful for me to knit for a purpose over the break and then assess where I am on 2nd January. 

We have the grocery delivery tomorrow, which will give me time to pick up anything that's missing, and bear will no doubt keep me busy with lifts over the break. Otherwise we plan to do nothing special. We want to hang out, spend time and relax. 

I plan to knit and read a load of Amanda M Lee's books. She writes paranormal mysteries which are fortunately on Kindle Unlimited. There are dozens of them, and they feature snarky and difficult witches and their adventures. The romance doesn't make me blush, the action is fun and the amazingdialogue reminds me of my family when I was growing up - arguing for the sake of arguing. I keep finding myself laughing out loud as the situations get away from the poor heroine. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. Is your husband off for a while? I always remember Christmas as a time of long holidays, factories and offices closed. Sister said her husband and son-in-law were off until after the New Year. It's not the same here. It's a one day thing and then it's done! No long holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's off all the way to Jan 2nd. It's the first time for ages, though. Normally he works the days between Christmas and New Year.

      Delete
  2. Oh, poor Gladys looks like a shadow of her former self! Yes, time to prune her and let her rest over the winter.
    I hope you and your husband and bear have a lovely Christmas and winter break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have an amazing break with your daughter as you absolutely deserve it.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful Christmas. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and Merry Christmas to you and yours

      Delete