Pages

Saturday 30 December 2023

I Went Out

This morning I nipped out and sat for a while, knitting and feeding the crows. The weather wasn't brilliant but it was incredibly relaxing.


I didn't get much in the way of pics as I was staying in my car away from the rain - and keeping the windows mainly up away from the rain, but at one point I had the tree next to me full of magpies, watching me intently. It was like a snippet from The Birds.

I've no idea if bear is supposed to be taking a bottle. Last time he took Pringles. I've told him that he shouldn't buy alcohol. Instead he should let me buy it for him and I'll get the points on the Clubcard. It made him chuckle and I don't think that he's likely to drink much, but I'll keep an eye out. If I'm buying him anything it's going to be low alcohol. Mind you, that makes me a complete hypocrite considering what I got up to at his age. 

And I don't want to think of the sort of romancing that could be going on.

Bear was poorly before Christmas. DH was very poorly over Christmas. I am now feeling very under the weather with perfect timing for New Year. There's been some nasty coughs going around, so I'm not surprised.

I'm planning on spending a lot of time hunkered down, staying warm and relaxing over the next few days - between coughs, of course.

Hugs and good health to all.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you got out a little, even if it felt like The Birds were watching you as you knitted. Take care, hope you don't get very sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - getting out felt like a triumph.

      Delete
  2. Hope everyone feels better soon! I think there are a lot of things going around right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing from various people who have the coughs and colds and there are some vicious strains going around.

      Delete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! It's no fun being ill over the holidays!

    ReplyDelete