Pages

Saturday 2 December 2023

Knitting Happens

A knitting kit was delivered this morning, around 11am. 


It was just under £10, including everything and I'm very pleased with the service. The hat looks like this. 


And it fits very nicely. I'm around 25 inches or around 65cm into the keyhole scarf and I'm feeling quite relaxed about it. The only thing is that I'm using the needles supplied in the kit (and 150g of ostrich yarn and two pairs of needles for just under a tenner isn't bad) but they are short, plastic straights and I keep forgetting where I put the other needle if I'm broken off. 

I just went out to the bin today and not much else, but I'm okay with that. I've been taking it as thinking time as well as knitting. I feel quite relaxed. It's been great to hang out with the men as well. 

It's still quite chilly. Gladys was still frosted at lunchtime today. We have snow and ice forecast so I think it's the end of the season for her, though she's been remarkable. 


Writing stuff - I had a little bit of fiction on Hazardous to Your Sanity here. It was far too much fun to write. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. So glad you're having a relaxing day. Wow - that's a good price on the kit! The hat is looking lovely. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got quite a bit of knitting done! Love the hat! Poor Gladys is looking a little cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Gladys - I heard that fuchsias are warmth loving and she's not in a warm place!

      Delete