Pages

Monday 11 December 2023

It May Have Been a Good Day

I haven't picked up my checklist. I printed it out last night but I've not go around to looking at it today, and I think that I've been the worse for it. Mind you, I've done a load of writing stuff, sorted some stuff in the kitchen, cleared a load of stuff out of the living room and I've covered some basics. I think that I would have got more done if I had been working with the list, though. 

We're adding to the decorations day by day. The tinsel cat left over from Halloween has had a makeover.

And the second tree is up. Was it last year that we couldn't work out why the old tree wasn't lighting up, picked up a bargain at the last minute at B&Q and then found that the old tree worked just fine and revolved? The new tree is still shedding white dust and already driving me nuts. 

I got the coupons from Tesco today. I'm considering them. Not all of them are worth having, to be honest. I'll have a long think. One coupon is for cheese which we usually don't bother with, apart from the grated cheese on DH's pasta bake. Another is for condiments which includes cranberry sauce, but I can't imagine getting £12 of cranberry sauce when one jar will normally see me through the year. On the other hand, I'll happily make use of the coupon for butter or margarine as we are running a little low. 

The lists helped me keep my mind from churning around 'what to do next' and I think that's their most important function. Any improvement on housewifery is a bonus. Tomorrow has to include a full study of the lists. 

Writing stuff - I've been quite busy over the last few days. I've got writing prompts cued up all the way until the end of February, so I don't have to think about them for a while. I plan to use them to revisit the White Hart and some of the characters, just for a brief glimpse, though I can see me playing around with some other ideas as well. I've also posted on #HazardousToYourSanity with a very short story here and I've posted my response to last week's writing prompt here with a little look back at Lady Freydis and her little ways. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments: