Pages

Thursday 2 April 2015

Another Sewing Lesson

I jammed the sewing machine twice - I swear I heard it snigger.

Mind you, it was comforting to know that I am not the only one there with a serious eBay habit, although no-one there had randomly bought 90 ties.  Sigh.  I am still hoping I will be outbid in the next four hours or I may be getting some serious fabric stash.

We watched another pattern being laid out, and I understood it, and we practiced doing notches and clipping curved seams and it all made sense.  All I need to do now is work out how to thread the sewing machine.  That may take some time.  However I live in hope and have decided that once I have got the hang of things with bags and cushion covers I am going to going to make bear a cloak.  Bear will approve.  If I can make one for DH, so much the better!  He may forgive the curtain fabric (though I don't think I should risk making the cloak from the actual curtain fabric, I think that could go a bit silly).

When I was looking on WikiCommons for a picture of a cloak I found this.


It's from the V&A Museum and I think bear would love something it.  I think he will have to wait for a while before I get up to this standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment