Pages

Sunday 19 April 2015

Creepy Crawlies

I had already had to scrub myself several times after sorting stuff out in the garden.  We seem to have far more than our fair share of scuttling mini beasts in our corners, which is apparently healthy.  I itched.

Today I visited the bathroom and found a Very Big Wasp.  It was possibly a queen looking for a place to nest, as it realistically did look quite large, but it looked roughly the size of a kestrel to me.  I fled.  But it was only me and bear in the house.  I had to do something.  I knew bear would not react well to a Very Big Wasp when he was trying to use the facilities.  A rolled up newspaper was out of the question.  Apart from anything else, we don't get newspapers now that father isn't here, so it would have been some form of magazine, most of which I actually want to keep!  My track record with anything rolled up is also abysmal.  I am a hazard and there are far too many things to knock over in the bathroom.

I wasn't sure if we had any fly spray.  I had a rummage and because I had recently had a bit of a clear out I found a can of bug spray.  I think it is older than bear.

I was not an adventurous warrior.  I crept up to the bathroom door and listened.  The angry buzzing continued.  I dashed in, sprayed madly, dashed out and shivered.  I left it about half an hour.  I stood, poised, listening at the door.  No sound.  I crept in with the spray can at the ready.  It took me a few minutes to find it and the poor thing was twitching.  I gave it another heavy duty blast and retreated again.  It should at least now be stunned.  Now I shall wait for DH to come home and be a mighty warrior and dispose of remains.

I looked on WikiCommons for a picture of a wasp for illustration.  There was no way I was going in to get a picture of the striped raider.  All the pictures made my skin crawl, so here is a pretty picture of a daisy instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment