Pages

Sunday 24 January 2016

First Fad of the Year

I accumulate books on housewifery in the same way I accumulate cleaning products - I hope that somewhere there will be a magic wand which means I don't have to actually get on with it and clean.  However the grim truth is that at some point I have to get the vacuum out.

I have failed with Fly Lady, and I never really worked at the cleaning site with the rude word because I haven't yet got to grips with tumblr and a lot of it was on tumblr.  I get all keen and then run out of juice around noon on the first day.

Tomorrow I am going to try '30 Days to a Clean and Organised House'.  It isn't going to happen in 30 days.  It may happen after 90 days or 120 days.  The wonderful thing is that it tells you what to do.  Tomorrow sounds fairly basic, but when it says that I need to clean the floors, in some places I need to find them first.  I am following the suggestion in the book - I will do all the stuff, but at my own pace.  Also I will not be doing weekends.  The 30 days may mean thirty actual days to the book's author, but to me it is definitely thirty week days as weekends are too complicated.

Tomorrow also includes making living room curtains from duvet covers (DH is keen) and five thousand words of fiction.  No excuses.  Tomorrow evening is when I blog and say how well I did or didn't do.

Past experience says that practically anything could happen apart from cleaning, but I am keeping all crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best with the cleaning and organizing. I am kind of challenged in this area of my life. Please share what you plan to do each day so we can cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete