Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

May Have to Do Difficult Things

I have no confidence with my ability to measure and cut accurately.  This is not a good thing if you are planning on sewing something.  If anyone remembers I did a sort of raggy thing that hangs in the bathroom with some drops of rosemary oil on it.  I quite like it.


I plan to do similar place mats with a raggy edge, but no button in the centre or hanging loop.  The idea is that they save the tablecloth and protect the (rather nice and old) table.  I have this material.  The photo is taken with the white sheet with felt tip pen on in the background which should do fine for a few layers of filling.



I rather hoped that I could just sort of fold and cut, not doing any fancy measuring or anything, just going with the flow and using them as a sort of template for the sheet.  Except I can't fold it into any sensible size.  Darn.  I'm going to have to look at placemats online for measurements, have a guess, allow for the fringe (which I really like), think about the sort of area food is likely to be dropped in .  Drat.  I'm going to have to measure the table and think about sensible places to put the placemats and how big the plates are.  Poot.  I'm going to have to measure properly - and do I include the fringe or not? !)*(£("£&**!!!

I also need to clear a space to do the measuring and cutting.  Darn it completely to Heck.

1 comment: