Pages

Thursday 16 December 2021

Another Half Day

Bear has half a day left of term. I just want to get through that then I can relax. I picked up some bits this morning, then got home and got caught up in writing. 

Bear has been in a good mood and got caught up in model making - and long may that continue! We are bracing to see what will happen in the New Year. There is a lot of talk of schools being closed after Christmas. It's a worry. Bear's school keeps on with live teaching when they are learning from home, so on the whole it could be worse. I've heard some horror stories from other parents, with kids almost abandoned with worksheets and little or no support. Bear is incredibly lucky as he as space and a laptop, and I know that he is blessed compared to some. 

On the other hand, teachers are getting sick, and kids are taking illness home to vulnerable family members. If it has to be, it has to be. Right now, I feel like we will never get back to normal. I'm feeling quite gloomy, so I am going to get myself some chocolate and pull myself together.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. I do hope they manage to keep the schools open. I am being very careful but you never know. I haven't ever stopped wearing my mask in shops. It took me such a long time to get used to wearing one and not feel as though I couldn't breathe that I thought I might as well continue until things are better rather than stop wearing it and go through the whole thing again!

    ReplyDelete