Pages

Wednesday 29 December 2021

Windy!

I didn't get too much done today. Bear is happy with his birthday presents, which is wonderful. I nipped out early afternoon to pick up a few bits and struggled with the wind. It nearly blew me over in Aldi car park and I thought I would be blown off the road when I was driving - it was 'branches in the road' sort of weather. At least it was dry while I was driving.

I failed in list making yesterday. Today I have been depressing myself by reading a 'How to' housekeeping book. I cannot imagine being able to work to their timescales. They think that washing, drying and ironing could take fifteen minutes for a load from start to finish. I think it depends. I first have to excavate dirty clothes, then I separate and check for any obvious stains. Bear is getting old enough to make the collars on his white school shirts an issue. Loading up the washer takes no time, especially if I don't run out of powder and have to fossick around in cupboards for it. You can't count time when the washer is running, but I'll need to check the lint trap and make sure that the water tank in the condenser is emptied before setting off the dryer, or taking the time to arrange things properly on the airer. It's still not much time, but the ironing eats it up. Bear's school shirts really need to be ironed. There is a visible difference if they aren't. It's not so bad with DH's polo shirts, but I like to put an iron over them for a finish. Hardly anything I wear needs ironing, and I keep to clothes that don't need it, but there are always bits like pillowcases. I never iron sheets. Then it takes me forever to sort the socks before getting stuff put away. I suppose if I was in the rhythm of it, and didn't have backlogs, then it wouldn't take so long. It just seems unobtainable. 

And today's random shopping was three lap trays from Aldi at £6.99 each. They will be a real help, I think, but I will wait and see.

After this, I plan to settle down and make some serious lists for tomorrow. If a miracle happens and I follow them, I'll let you know. Apparently it's 'Still Need to Do' Day, a day dedicated to finishing off to-do lists. I've written my take on it on my writing blog. If I can make lists and stick to them, I'm fine. It's just making and then using them. 

Writing stuff - I'm not sure what is happening on my writing blog. I got two hits on the 'Happy New Year 2020' I have no idea why. It was published almost exactly two years ago, before all the craziness, and it seems so optimistic. I am going to spend a little time thinking about how it all went wrong, and where I can get better. The chat piece is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment