Pages

Tuesday 21 December 2021

It's Yule!

Sharon - I agree with you. I'll be glad when it dies down a little. I'm sure the shop owners like it busy, but I'm looking forward to a little more quiet.

Today is Yule, the Winter Solstice. I'm a (not very good) Christian, but I've always felt that there was something about the solstices and equinoxes. I don't know how exactly to phrase it, but it's like a quirk of the year. Anyway, to all those who mark today as a festival - Merry Yule.


I think that it looks sort of almost nearly flash. Not fancy, but it's an improvement on other stuff I've attempted. I'm trying to get better at stuff for instagram and Twitter, so I had a go at this.

And for all those who mark other religious festivals that I have completely forgotten - I apologise. Your celebrations are worth noting. I think I've not long missed Hanukkah and Diwali, but I have a fair chance of remembering Christmas. Apparently it's also national Robin Day today. The agressive, feathered, red splashed blighter that dive bombed me as I went to the car does not deserve that!

I've not done much today. Everything aches. It's the usual joint stuff, so nothing new, just a little stronger than normal, and on top of that I think I'm starting with that cold that's going around. I am unimpressed. 

I'm throwing away the part done latch hook cushion thingy from Aldi. I can't see me ever getting it finished, I can't see me keeping it clean once it was done and I can't see it lasting for more than a month or two. I've enjoyed what I've done, and established that I quite like latch hooking. Now it is another half done project that is weighing me down. Keeping it will not do me much good, but getting rid will make me feel better - the looooong list of outstanding projects is a sliver shorter. I've already had a lot of pleasure from it, so I've decided that I've had my money's worth and it has served its purpose. That's the good thing about Aldi kits. They are inexpensive and allow you to have a go at a craft to see if you like it. One day I will make a latch hook rug made of thin strips from old denim shirts. I am not going to even start shopping for it until I've cleared my outstanding projects. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're so achy. Hope you feel better soon! I know what you mean about letting things go that you know you won't finish or won't use. I need to learn to do more of that.

    Happy Solstice! I love the little image. It's really good. I can't do anything like that.

    ReplyDelete