Pages

Saturday 4 December 2021

Biscuits

Wherethejourneytakesme - it is sort of cute, and I suppose that you get all of the stuff ready made with less waste, and I hope to hang it somewhere cheerful.

I forgot to add yesterday - one of the successes I had was that I didn't run over a hedgehog! Due to an odd set of circumstances I was heading down the slip road to Matalan carpark near us and saw something brown crawling across the road. I slowed down, think that I didn't want to squash a rat, but it was a full sized hedgehog! I parked in the carpark and rushed back, but there was no sign of it, and no squished bits either, so it must have got safe. I thought that hedgehogs would have been hibernating. Of course, if here had been some disturbance in their sleeping place, they may have been looking for somewhere else, and there would have been some good places nearby, I think. I would have been happy to lure it to our garden as I believe that there are a lot of slugs.

There are certainly a lot of sparrows. They were being very assertive today. I also saw two robins fighting, so it's been a wildlife sort of day.

This morning bear and I went out to the Fox's Biscuit Factory shop in Batley. The weather was awful on the drive, but not too bad as we walked from the car park to the shop. The building always looks out of date to me.


Then we loaded up with chocolate biscuits, paid £15.35 for a heavy bag full and staggered out.


I think that there were around a dozen or so packs of chocolate biscuits of all sorts in the bag - at a good price. I think that the shop was emptier than when we went last, but I'll keep an eye on it. 

Bear had a full English breakfast at Tesco, which was just around the corner, and then we have been chilling for the day. 

Hugs and good health to all.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love Fox biscuits! They are so very expensive here. I feel foolish paying what I pay for a tin of them but treated myself for Christmas.

    I'm glad the hedgehog was okay. I love the little things. I have such lovely childhood memories of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those biscuits look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have passed the factory from time to time when we have ventured into that area but I hadn't appreciated they have a Factory Shop - save me a place in the queue...I'm coming!

    ReplyDelete