Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2021

Lukewarm Okay

Ranee - that sounds like you had an awful time, so sending big hugs. Sometimes things fight back and that apple pie sounds like it was being just awkward. Mind you, utter respect to you. I've never even attempted almond bark and my pastry could be used as roof tiles. 

Sharon - it sounds like you, and I, and Ranee, are all having the same issue. It's tough. Sending hugs to you and a reminder that you are awesome.

Bear found his games kit. This saved him a lot of bother. On the whole, by and large and in general, bear isn't much trouble. He's generally polite, helpful and gets good grades. He keeps getting positives at school for things like maths homework which I know he did in the car on the way to school. Every now and then I have to be stern. I'm not good at being stern. DH can do a good shout, but he always feels bad afterwards. Honestly, I'm sometimes surprised that bear has turned out as well as he has. I'm not sure how much we had to do with it. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the missing kit.

I've picked up the brandy butter and brandy cream this morning. I could have made both, but I am happy to buy, and the 'use by' date is 6th Jan 2022. I had a look at the stuffing in Tesco and the 'use by' dates were quite close, so I will leave it until later. I have some dried stuffing, and I could, in theory, make my own, but I would prefer to use the easy stuff. I know some people get immense satisfaction from a home made Christmas. I envy them. Perhaps one year I may do so, but at the moment I am happy to have it easy.

To be honest, I spent a lot of today struggling to breathe. I suspect that it is nerves of one sort or another, but I don't appreciate it. 

Writing stuff - I'm trying to be more active on social media as a writer. I posted a chatty sort of thing on my writing blog here, and I had a go with Canva at making a sort of pic for instagram. I'm unconvinced. I've put the pic below. Any constructive criticism incredibly welcome. Also, I am likely to start pruning the writing blog soon so please dip in and re-read any old favourites. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I'm glad Bear found his kit! That is good news.
    I do hope you are feeling a bit better. This time of year makes me really anxious. I wish I could relax a little, but I can even feel myself clenching my teeth while I'm sleeping!

    ReplyDelete