Pages

Sunday 12 December 2021

Let There Be Lights

Sharon - I usually plan shopping to go when it's quiet, even when it isn't Christmas. I think I just need to look out for steak, fresh stuffing, brandy butter (though I could make my own) and fresh fruit and veg. This is a deliberate tactic.

It's been another quiet day, with some accidental changes. Bear admitted that he wasn't using the piano much at all. I can't remember when he last played it. So we took it down and then bear put it in the junk room. We also got rid of a computer chair, as it was worn out. It sagged when you sat in it and the cover was split from use. I took it to the tip. I struggled when I got there, but a very kind man helped. He was lovely and said that he had had help in the past. I promised to pay his help forward. It was sort of nice going to the tip. The encounter made me smile, and the workers there had tinsel all over the fences. 

When I got back the men had put the lights up. They did an awesome job. I'm not taking too many pics as the house is still in a disgraceful state, but here's one corner. It feels very magical. 


Bear is really growing up. He did a load of the lights by himself and he not only got the piano (electric and fold up) into the junk room by himself up two flights of stairs, but he helped me get the computer chair into the car. He's just so centred. He is also growing. I bought him a onesie a few months ago. It was big on him when I got it. It's now looking a bit short in the leg. He's taller than me, is getting strong with the climbing he is doing and he is just seeming so steady. I don't know where we went right.

Writing stuff - got quite a bit done on some little bits and pieces. I was putting together some stuff for the launch of The King's Silver next February and I have a horrible feeling that it's getting away from me. I can see it becoming nearer book length than the 500-1000 words that I was hoping for. Bugger.

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame that you won't share more of your home. I can tell just by the cove ceiling and the large cabinet doors and the beautiful beveled mirror, that you have a lot of interesting things in your home. The lights look so nice and kudos to Bear helping out with some of the labor. He's growing into a fine young man, based on what you have shared. It's not likely I will comment again too soon, so will wish you a Merry Christmas or is it Happy Christmas? I'm never sure if that's a correct British way of saying the same as Merry Christmas. Regardless, I hope your quiet holiday will be nice. We, too, will be having a quiet day with some special eats and that's about it. Hoping for a much better new year but with all the political upheaval and supply issues and fast increasing inflation, it seems doomed before it gets a chance to make anything better. Fingers crossed. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bear sounds like he was a great help! The lights look lovely. I have not got anything put up yet. I am running out of time! I am hoping husband will get out the boxes and I can perhaps do one night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love hearing about how proud you are of your young man - sounds like you've done a great job on him.

    ReplyDelete