Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2021

More Meh

Wherethejourneytakesme - DH has had a few issues with a sore throat as well and has been left very run down. The usual bugs and lurgies seem to be a little worse this year. I guess because of all the isolation. I hope you feel better soon. As for the warning lights - I'm sort of glad that there is a warning but it is so strange to need a computer after a childhood of watching father work with cars. You can't maintain your own car the way that you used to. 

I may have picked up DH's lurgy. I have felt really rough today, and the weather has been worrying me. I was braced for a school run with snow, but instead got high winds and driving rain. I wasn't thrilled, but I can deal with that. At one point I was quite worried as I waited for bear. The rain was really lashing down. Then I saw the most amazing rainbow. 



The pic doesn't do it justice. It's taken by a fairly poor phone camera through a windscreen running with rain and it's still incredibly vivid. It had been so dark and dismal that the car park lights had come on, but the sky behind me was really brightening up. 

I've been watching the story about the Tesco strike unfold. I think I'll cancel the Christmas delivery and just pick stuff up myself. I'm able to do that, so any spare slots should be for those who can't. Besides, I don't need much. 

Our Christmas would appal the glossy magazines. It's incredibly basic and with very little alcohol. We just have what we like, take advantage of frozen veg and relax. It's about hanging out with each other. I've got practically everything stashed except the steak and the brandy butter. Every year I get less in, and we never seem to miss it.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Wonderful to see the rainbow. It looks wonderful even through the window lol

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a beautiful rainbow! Rainbows are special, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas sounds just right - I might book a spot at yours! We will be having a large family get together and I know although it will be nice it will be hectic and exhausting and our moment to relax will be in the days afterwards.
    We were skirting around Leeds yesterday in the rain with a visit to Ikea too - I did look out for you - but didn't spot you or that lovely rainbow.🎄

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: My throat fine now thanks - hope you are feeling better too. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete