Pages

Friday 31 December 2021

The End of the Year

It's been a very odd sort of year. It's been an odd sort of two years. I don't know if the year about to hit us will be any better. Tonight I have made up my mind that I will face the oncoming year with whatever joy and humour I can find. That I'm not going to allow whatever happens to discourage me. I'm going to head into 2022 with gusto.

I've not done many lists, as I planned to, but I've been through my Google bookmarks. There were literally hundreds. Some were in folders, a lot were just spread out. It was an interesting exercise. Some of the places bookmarked hadn't been updated for years. Others that I had forgotten were still active and interesting. Some were reminders of what I ought to be doing. My bookmark bar is still stuffed, but there's a little more wiggle room.

Brother ordered bear a set of modelling tools as part of his birthday present and warned us that it may need someone over 18 and with photo ID to take the parcel. Although we were waited with straining ears, we barely heard the knock at the door (we have loud doorbells, clearly visible). The bear took in the parcel before I could get to the door. Bear is a strapping lad, and he looks mature for just about 15 years old, but there is no way he could pass as a legal adult. He got the kit given anyway. 

This evening is planned to be calm, warm and with alcohol. Tomorrow I plan to start as I mean to go on.

Hugs and good health to all. 

(finally found a copy of South Horizon Man by Essie Summers, converted to Kindle by an amazing man and guaranteed to put me in a positive mood)

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! It's been a horrible couple of years - last year the worst. I am going to try to look for good in 2022. I am starting a 365 photo project with my phone - Things that make me smile. I'm hoping that looking for at least one thing a day that makes me smile might make me a little happier.

    ReplyDelete