Pages

Thursday 30 December 2021

Failing at Lists

I got some stuff done, but less than I wanted. But I took a car full of rubbish to the tip and I went on the really fast bypass instead of the back roads. This would have been more of a challenge if I hadn't got stuck behind a really slow van. 

I'm going to block out tomorrow and write to do lists. I intend to settle down and plan the year ahead, at least a little bit. I'm particularly thinking of my writing, as I have a lot of stuff that I could do with getting finished, but there are other bits as well. Then all I will need to do is stick to the lists. I may not have managed to stick to the lists, but just the fact that they exist may help. 

One thing that I'm happy about is that I didn't shop. I was checking my emails and saw a link to the Yankee Bundles. I could spend a fortune on there, and have in the past. I was looking at the candles and thinking how much I enjoyed the candles and how reasonable the prices were. Then I grabbed hold of reality. We have an abundance of candles - dozens of them. We have scented tea lights, votives, jars and some ridiculously over sized ones that I picked up in Home Sense. We do not need candles. I walked away from the website. I hope I can continue to keep a hold on my impulses for that.

I could do with some new tops, though. I've ruined a couple of them and the ones that are left are looking shabby. As usual, I don't know what I want, but I'll know it when I see it. I could probably get by for a while, so I'll see if anything good comes up but won't rush into anything. I've not seen a bag I liked either, but I think I've got at least six months left of the current one. I would normally head to a charity shop, but I don't know if they are staying open. These are strange times.

I'll let you know tomorrow if I manage to get lists made. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment