Pages

Thursday 2 December 2021

Meh

Val - I can't remember what half of them are. Some a bits of writing, other snippets from the internet, knitting patters, craft ideas, recipes etc etc. But I forget that I have them and get distracted!

Wherethejourneytakesme - I plan to go heavy on the lentils. Bear is very keen on healthy eating. 

Sharon - I've got to the stage where I don't even know what's what! You can probably tell. Sending hugs for all that you have on your plate, and a reminder that you are completely awesome.

Today hasn't been successful. I was planning the curry, but bear decided to skip dinner so DH and I had a quorn version of beeferoni. I was taught this by an American. You brown 'some' mince, add an undiluted can of condensed tomato soup, season as you like (Italian seasoning with extra basil here, with perhaps some worcestershire sauce) and then stir in 'some' cooked pasta. It's surprisingly tasty, incredibly filling, relatively healthy and quite inexpensive, depending on the mince. I can't have the standard condensed soup anymore as it contains gluten, but I browned some quorn mince, added some standard tomato soup, went mad with the Italian herbs, added the cooked gluten free pasta and called it done. It was okay, but not as good as the original. DH enjoyed it, though. 

I think I can sum up my issue with a brief overview of what I could do this evening. I am knackered, my girlie bits are not co-operating and I had a shocking night, so I am not feeling enthusiastic. First off, I have six solidly needed bits of writing I could be getting on with. I mean, looking at getting a few hundred thousand words sorted by the middle of January at the latest. I don't know where to start and prioritising is an issue. Then I need to finish off sorting the walk in cupboard and kitchen, there is a heap of ironing nearly as tall as me and I could do with clearing out the cookbooks. Of course, if I want to get the Christmas decorations up soon, I should deep clean the living room and study as well, while I'm at it. I also need to make six curtains (weird window sizes make buying them tricky) to help keep in the warm (current curtains aren't working or are lacking) and I have a few craft kits I'd like to make. I also could do with finishing bear's knitted blanket before Christmas and also finishing off a wrap I have started to add to my own layers. 

Also, I could do with an early night, I still haven't watched Hawkeye and I could do with reading through some articles on writing.

I have no idea what I will do, if anything, after I press the 'publish' button. I share if I manage anything between all the indecision. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. That list is a tall order - perhaps just do one small thing that you can complete and then put your feet up. Tomorrow is another day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks!

    Don't be so hard on yourself! The meal sounds really tasty. Take care of yourself and then tackle the other things tomorrow. I am going to start making lists again. I have dug out my notebook from beneath the pile of books beside my chair and actually turned it to the right month and week (yes that's how long it's been since I last used it!)

    ReplyDelete