Pages

Wednesday 8 December 2021

Expensive Day

Bless - forty years ago I was in the car with my mother, father and brothers. We were driving near Llangollen in Wales, with the road in a river valley between two steep hills. As we drove, a triple rainbow appeared, three of them, right on top of another. I've never forgotten it. It looked so magical! I think you are right, rainbows are special.

Sharon - I felt very lucky that the pic even turned out. Thank you for the well wishes.

Wherethejourneytakesme - I'm glad that you're feeling better. One day we will pass and, at the very least, wave. As for the Christmas dinner, we are very clear about what we want. We want easy, uncomplicated and tasty. I buy the special stuff for Christmas, but otherwise we just have a big but easy meal with loads of stuff pre prepared or frozen. To be honest, we usually spend the rest of the day unable to move as we always load up our plates, but that's part of Christmas.

Good things today - I called in to Aldi after picking up the car from the garage and got four lots of 250g of minced 10% fat lamb for £2.48 total. It expires today, so I shoved it in the freezer and I'm looking forward to the shepherd's pies. 

But speaking of garage...

Bad things today - I shrunk one of my favourite tops after years of remembering to keep it out of the dryer. I also had to pay around £400 for a new catalytic converter. The car is definitely feeling the benefit, though. She was a lot nippier afterwards and I had to keep a close eye on the speedo so that I kept under the limit. She's six years old now, and I suspect that the battery will be next. She is still a great workhorse, with her own little ways. She doesn't like the cold, first gear or short journeys. She's great on a long journey, hills (despite only a 1 litre engine), corners and junctions. I'm not in a hurry to change cars.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. A nice bill just before Christmas but you can almost rely on something breaking down before the big day. Your Christmases sound good and very relaxed - with the arrival of grandchildren ours are not any longer!x

    ReplyDelete