Pages

Sunday 5 December 2021

Surprising Myself

Wherethejourneytakesme - They had less than they had a few years ago, but there were still piles of stuff, like a 500g bag of dark chocolate gingers for £1.30. There is no parking there, but there is a free car park a few hundred yards away. Their times are quite restricted (here) but if you are passing, I think it's always fun to have a look in, even if you don't buy anything. They had loads of things like brandy snaps last year and I didn't see any yesterday, so I suppose it's what they want to shift. 

Bless - I am assured that they are wonderful and the men have already started making dents in the haul. I know that they don't stint on the chocolate.

Sharon - I'm not sure when I last saw a hedgehog. It must be decades ago! Bear was unimpressed but I was thrilled to see it and so worried! I miss Fox's biscuits too - they're not gluten free. 

Bear is very much a child of the city. I point out the different birds and plants and he smiles politely and nods and gets on with whatever he is doing. He was unimpressed with the hedgehog. I grew up in a town, but both of my parents had quite a country background and taught me quite a lot about the wildlife. I've done my best with bear, but it bounces off him. DH is a townie as well. 

I was supposed to be clearing out the study today. Instead I started clearing stuff out of the kitchen. Yesterday I managed to get enough rubbish and bits to fill the car boot for DH to take to the tip this morning before he went into town. While he was out, I filled three more! It's mainly bits of packaging and oddments that should have gone out ages ago with a lot of cardboard. I've started rearranging the stuff in the walk in cupboard now, and that is making quite a difference. It's helping me work out what I have in for Christmas and what I'll need to get it. I've got an order booked for Christmas, but I may just do it in store in stages after school drop off. I think I need less than I've put down. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I paid that much attention about animals and birds when I was a child BUT I do remember things people told me, so even though Bear might not appreciate it now he will remember.

    Sounds like you got quite a bit sorted. More productive than me I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely go for the dark chocolate gingers. I feel like I am taking one step forward and two backwards this year and if it all gets done in time it will be a Christmas Miracle!🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete