Pages

Friday 28 January 2022

Expensive Day

Sharon - I honestly believe that looking for pics of things that made me smile has been a benefit to my mental health!

Eileen - thank you! I'm having a lot of fun with the scavenger hunt and seeing what stories I can make of the prompts.

Bless - thank you!

Jackie - I never thought of going online to the library. I'm not sure if I have a library card. I know I did once but it may have been before bear was born. I'll get in touch with them.

I took red in for a service. The poor car is stuck on the school run and so never really goes above 40mph with lots of stops and starts and queuing in traffic. That's why I get a service every six months and this time I signed up for the fuel cleaner as well. On the way in, I was wondering about whether I should say anything about the steering. It felt a little 'off' but I didn't know if it was just my driving. I was worried that I was imagining things. When they did all the checks, they found that the steering was 'off centre' and said a wheel alignment would correct it, so I gave them the go ahead. When I picked her up, she was driving like a dream.

I've finished all the edits, and so brace yourself for loads of writing stuff for the next fortnight.

Writing stuff - I've finished all the edits (with the help of the awesome editors) and it's in the hands of the Three Furies as they put the final polish on King's Silver. It's out on 8 February and I am sooooo excited. Over the next few days I will be writing little bits of extra stuff to share on my writing blog, and I'll let you know about them as they happen.



Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. I had a look online to see if I could buy the book. If I ever get a kindle I'll buy that book it sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that the things that help my mental health is to list three things every day that I'm grateful for and to compile my weekly reflections post on Sundays. It means that every day I am choosing to look at life in a positive way and it has made a huge difference to how I feel. I don't write down the daily gratitudes and usually decide on them while I'm doing something mundane like the washing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the car service worked out. I bet you are glad you mentioned something.

    Glad the writing has been going well. Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad they adjusted the steering! I need to take my car in for a service, too, but, I am waiting until our Covid numbers (for the county) go below 10,000!

    I started listing 5 things for which I'm grateful, on a daily basis, during a very dark period in my life. I still continue to do so and I find that it really helps.

    ReplyDelete