Pages

Monday 10 January 2022

Oops!

Sharon - I like to share what's going on. I sometimes think that some blogs are scary because they get it all right all the time. To be honest, sometimes it's more fun when things go wrong, or turn out differently, or just have an unexpected twist. As for the leg, it was dumped in the bushes a hundred yards or so down the street. I just thought it was awesome. As for keeping an eye out thanks to Eileen, I shot this pic when I got back from the school run this morning - the reflection of the sunrise in my study window. 


It's not brilliant, but I sort of liked it. It seemed so vivid against the brick.

Bless - thank you! The steampunk cat was perhaps the best of my Christmas presents. 

The quote I found today when browsing was 'Frugality without creativity is just deprivation.' by Amy Dacyczyn. I think that there is a fair amount of deprivation going on, and I know that I am incredibly lucky at the moment, but I am taking it to be a challenge to be creatively frugal and to find the silver lining. There is always a silver lining.

I also found out why a certain amount of housewifery was going on. If I am going to hit the writing targets I want to hit, I need to write around 170k words (one hundred and seventy thousand words) before the end of January. I have also committed to two book reviews and my usual chat and flash fiction. There are only 21 days left in January. I think I've been hiding from a deadline. 

Before I realised this, I got a few loads of washing done, sorted out some bags for life that had been dumped in a corner and generally tidied around. At least it's not wasted effort.

Writing stuff - Speaking of writing, today's snippet is late the latest instalment of the Dark Pictures and is here

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photo of the sunrise reflected on your window! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a brilliant photo and you should give yourself a pat on the back. Why not join in with the photo a day project as well? There's no prompts, you just post a photo every day throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sunrise. The colours are just amazing! Wow that's a large word count to get done. It does seem rather daunting!

    ReplyDelete